We hope you enjoy this week’s round-up of our favourite foodie news! We’ve gone a bit Jubilee mad this week – how will you be celebrating?
1. A new poll by LocalPeople.co.uk has revealed that rather than feasting on posh delicacies over the Jubilee weekend, around half of people would rather have fish and chips and a cuppa to celebrate! As a nation, we’re expected to sip a whopping 115,000 cups of tea per minute while toasting the Queen’s 60 years on the throne – and annually we drink four times more tea per capital than India or China. Well, best stick the kettle on then!
2. If you’ve signed up to host a Jubilee street party this weekend, have you got the menu sorted yet? The more prepared among you may have already started your preparation, but if not – don’t panic! About.com have put together a list of suggestions depending on party size and you can find a whole host of recipes, from Mini Pork Pies and Curried Chicken and Mango Salad to Homemade Pink Lemonade and Pimm’s Jelly on the BBC’s Good Food website.
3. If you’re after a more decorative centrepiece for your table, you’ve got plenty of options. Why not try this gorgeous Jubilee bunting cake (you can’t go wrong with an edible centrepiece!) or even make your own bunting? There are also plenty of print-out activities available online to keep the kids busy – don’t forget to enter any works of art that your kids create over the weekend in Lec’s Fridge Art competition!
4. If you don’t fancy a street party and (fingers crossed!) the weather holds out, a Jubilee picnic is the perfect way to take advantage. You can find a list of the UK’s most scenic picnic spots online – why not take some of Jamie Oliver’s favourite picnic recipes with you?
5. If you fancy a bit of British in your kitchen every day, our sister brand Stoves are giving you the chance to win a new Sterling Mini Range in a stunning and patriotic Union Jack print! Simply visit the Stoves UK Facebook page and answer a simple question to enter.