The Best of British Blogger Challenge
Karen Burns Booth from Lavender and Lovage and I have been working on setting up a new challenge covering different regions and areas of the UK. We are asking bloggers to enter their best interpretation of a recipe or dish which champions the region hosting the challenge each month, this month Choclette from Chocolate Log Blog has kindly agreed to host the event and is looking for THE BEST OF BRITISH CORNWALL – just think, you could enter Cornish Pasties, Scones and Cream, Stargazey pie, Cornish Crab or anything which you believe shows the Best of British in THAT area. You don’t have to be local to the region – just willing to try out some regional dishes or create something that showcases some local produce.
We are lucky that New World Appliances as proud BRITISH manufacturers of kitchen appliances are sponsoring this event for the first six months. Each month, one entrant will be picked AT RANDOM to receive a £50 Amazon voucher. And, at the end of the six month period we will have a regional showdown, with a judge to pick the best entry (we are still working on who that will be and should be able to announce it shortly). New World Appliances have kindly offered £300 of Amazon vouchers for the overall winner, so if you enter every month you have 6 chances to win the grand prize!
We’ll be showcasing the entries both on the Face of New World blog and on host blogs and promoting the recipes through Facebook and Twitter, with all your entries fully credited back to your blogs.
So, why not show what you think is the Best of British and join our challenge.
- Post your recipe on your blog with a link back to The Face of New World Appliances and to the relevant month’s host (for May/June it’s Chocolate Log Blog)
- Add the ‘Best of British’ badge to your blog post (you can find it on London Unattached in the side bar)
- Add ‘Best of British’ in your blog post as a label or tag
- The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
- Please make sure you don’t infringe any copyright laws – if in doubt please contact me on twitter @fionamaclean, or leave a message below to ask for advice!
- Please be as creative as you like with the theme for the month.
- This month’s challenge starts today (15th May) and closes at midnight on 15th June 2012
- Mail us to let us know you are taking part on email@example.com
If you post on twitter, please mention @fionamaclean or @newworldapps and use #BestofBritish and we will try to retweet!